Indoor Air Quality in Rockville, MD
Improve Your Air, Improve Your Life
It’s easy to assume that indoor air is safer to breathe than outdoor air. If you aren’t outside breathing in the pollen, vehicle emissions and other pollutants, then you’re better off, right?
In reality, indoor air is often far more polluted than outdoor air. In an attempt to seal our homes from the outdoors and make them more energy efficient, we create a breeding ground for dust mites, pollen and other pollutants. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to improve your indoor air quality (IAQ) and provide a safe environment for you and your family. And it all starts with an IAQ assessment from the experts at Vito Services.
We Can Help You With:
Time to Clear the Air
There are a number of factors affecting your air quality such as humidity, ventilation and more. Since each home is unique, we start with a thorough air quality assessment to properly diagnose your air. Some of the common problems we find in homes include:
- Improper ventilation methods. Indoor air needs to be constantly circulated to properly remove pollutants. Whenever you use fuel-burning appliances—such as the water heater or dryer—make sure there’s proper ventilation to remove the combustion pollutants.
- Improper humidity levels. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), indoor air humidity levels should fall somewhere between 30 and 50 percent. If dry air is a common problem in your home, we’ll install a humidifier to improve your comfort and your air quality.
- Leaks in fuel-burning appliances. Carbon monoxide leaks pose a serious threat to everyone in your home. Have your furnace checked for leaks each year by a trained professional and install carbon monoxide detectors throughout your home.
- High levels of volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Cleaning products, paints, pesticides and other common products emit VOCs into the air. Whenever possible, read the product labels and choose low-VOC or non-VOC products. If you use products that will release VOCs, make sure your home is properly ventilated.
- Dirty air filters. If your home uses a forced-air system, any pollutants on the air filter will be distributed throughout your home. Change the air filters in your HVAC equipment regularly to keep your air clean.
Control Your Air Quality With Vito Services
The more proactive you are with your indoor air quality, the healthier it will be. Vito Services has been specializing in IAQ services for many years and can give you peace of mind that you’re breathing in safe, clean air for years to come.
To get started, call your local Vito Services office or schedule an appointment online today.
Indoor Air Quality
Vito Plumbing Heating & Cooling
681 Southlawn Ln,Rockville,MD-20850,
Vito Services offer indoor air quality services in Rockville, Alexandria and Washington DC. We offer air purifiers, air filter services and more.